How To Play...
The game has simple rules so it's easy to learn. You’ll be able to get started within about 5 minutes.
Click the button below for an quick overview of how the game works, or you can read the full rules here.
You can also watch this full play-through video by the team at Beasts of War (approx. 45mins)
What makes this game special?
• It’s approachable - The game is designed with non-gamers in mind, but is no less rich and rewarding for it. Now anyone can enjoy the atmosphere of a classic fantasy quest.
• It’s quick - It takes 2 mins to set up and around 30 mins to play. No downtime, no elimination, and full player engagement throughout. No-one will be bored.
• It’s social - Many chapters offer a compelling choice for the group, stimulating regular player interaction and discussion. It's perfect for the pub or a games cafe, but can even be played solo!
• It's different every time - You never know what the next chapter will be, so there is plenty of tension and suspense as your unique adventure unfolds each game.
• It has a unique look - So many games look alike these days. Here is something truly distinct for your collection. We've worked hard to create a stylish look evocative of retro classics.
• There are no heroes - The playable characters are refreshingly ordinary. No musclebound heroes or buxom heroines here, and there is an equal mix of male and female characters.
• You choose your path - The decisions you make will change how each chapter turns out, and play a significant part in determining success or failure.
• It’s the start of something big - We plan to add new chapters, characters, items and advanced rules to expand the game, not to mention taking you beyond the castle itself...